March 16th, 2020
We hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. Certainly, we are all aware of the fast-moving changes that have happened over the last several days regarding the COVID-19 outbreak. The state of Virginia has issued a state of emergency and provided additional steps they are takings to help control this outbreak. Fairfax County Schools are closed until further notice and most folks are working from home if they can. This situation is changing on a daily and sometimes hourly basis. Our flexibility and support of each other are imperative at this point. I am sure we will all rally and do what we need to do.
At the WBOA, our highest priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our employees, their families, our clients, owners, our communities, and those with whom we work. We recognize that concern about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is very high and assure you that we are actively monitoring the situation and taking necessary precautions. Below is a summary of measures that we are implementing to help contain the virus while continuing to meet our clients’ needs as well as maintain park and community operations.
- All WBOA sponsored events through April 19th have been postponed including the E-Cycle event. We are currently evaluating options for any other outdoor events later in April and May and will communicate the status as soon as we can.
- WBOA Community Engagement Committee (WBOA CEC) meetings will move to an online conference with details forthcoming.
- All WBOA in-person meetings to include any Board meetings have been rescheduled to virtual meetings.
- WBOA-ARB will be conducting reviews via electronic distribution or online conferences
- Park inspections will continue and maintenance activities are underway to include:
- Spring clean-up
- Irrigation systems start-up and repairs due to utility damage
- Turf damage repair and application of pre-emerge
- Tree trimming activities will take place in the coming weeks.
- Street sweeping toward the end of next month
- Note: NAIOP Bus Tour has been postponed to June 18th, 2020 as it stands now.
We will continue to monitor the evolving status of COVID-19 in our communities and will adapt our approach accordingly. We will be following guidance from Fairfax County, The Commonwealth of Virginia and US Government directives as we all work to help control the spread of this virus.
- Westfields Center Information: Our website at https://www.westfieldscenter.com
- Fairfax County Information: Online – www.fairfaxcounty.gov/health/novel-coronavirus
- Commonwealth of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus-updates/
- US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
- US National Institute of Health (NIH): https://www.nih.gov/health-information/coronavirus
Thank you for your cooperation as we all work together through this unprecedented situation. Please take care of yourselves, your family and co-workers.
Bill Keech, Jr